Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Tattoo Design
The purpose of this exercise is to create a dynamic tattoo in remembrance of something. The tattoo had to pull from a contemporary artist's style. I decided to remember my dog Snoopy who was killed by a truck a few years ago. It was a rough time in my life and I cherish how my family bonded over that day. I used the semi anonymous street artist Banksy as my inspiration for the style of my tattoo. The process of creating this design started with sketches and scanning them into photoshop. With photoshop  and a drawing tablet I manipulated the images to create the key and simulated images.


This is the final presentation of the tattoo. It includes artist inspirations and in progress pictures.

This is the black and white key of the tattoo. You can see the graffiti style stencil of the truck. 
The colored version of the tattoo on simulated skin to test how the colors affect the design. 

Another simulated image of the tattoo on the arm location. 

The final product executed in permanent marker and acrylic paint.

Overall it was a great learning experience. I feel more at peace with the death of Snoopy and realize how close my family can be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment